The 2021 Holiday Season is upon us! Time to deck the halls, break out the Christmas funds and spend time with our loves ones. It's also time to begin planning those special milestone events for 2022.
While it may seem like you have all the time in the world, I'm here to warn you; You don't. 2022 is on track to be the biggest wedding year since 1984!! That means, you're more likely to be a guest at an event--don't you want to be a guest at your own?
Take advantage NOW. Begin the vendor search NOW!! Many of your favorite photographers, vvideographers and venues have been booked for months so it's time to get some organization going in your planning and contracting your team today! So where do you start? Well, at the beginning of course!
1) Hire a professional event planner. It's super easy to let your mother/aunt/cousin plan your special day but that's because we typically believe that their responsibility begins and ends on that day--and that's not always true. There's more that goes into execution of an event than what people see.
2) Choose your team wisely. Don't think that reviews are always 100% right. Look for the commonality in the reviews to be able to discern what may be true. Additionally, recognize that reivew sites like Wedding Wire and The Knot offer vendors the option to pay for increased visability and to modify reviews.
3) Choose a budget. Even though it sounds cool to say you don't have a budget, that's not the truth. You have a budget. Choose what dollar amount you absolutely do not want your event to exceed for everything that you want to see there: from food and liquor to uplighting, tablecloths and dance floor. THAT has now become your budget. Within that budget, you may have to have multiple allocations but you absolutely have a budget.
4) Don't price shop too much. Someone will always convince you that you can "find it cheaper" and you likely can. But if you are constantly looking for the BBD (Bigger, Better Deal), you'll find yourself more frustrated than anything.
5) Don't choose the popular vendors just because they are popular. Choose the ones that get your vision, align with your personality and take an interest in your event.
These are just some of the ways that you can get started on your 2022 Event Planning journey. If you have any questions and need any further assistance or direction, remember that Glorious Galas offers a .925 consultation that allows you to pick the brain of an award winning Event Planner.